Offline Google Mail & Calendar
Post date: 14-Sep-2011 13:24:43
I contacted Google Support about my offline gmail and calendar problem and got the following as their first response:
Please if you haven't already done so clear your browser cache several times and try logging out and back in a few times, first in browser, then in apps.
To do this in Chrome:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
It seems rather drastic to have to clear down everything for all time but offline mail app now works. Only mail that has synced to your local machine will be available to the offline app (not surprising).
Offline Google Mail | Google Calendar
The app is currently unreachable.